Interior of the Temple of Santa Ana
The general outline is of the Renaissance, consisting of three ships in Latin cross with 9 altarpieces, more him Major Altarpiece. The headboard occupies the apse and the arms, the chapels of the Santo Cristo del Consuelo and The Immaculate Conception. The body of the cross extends from the Greater Altarpiece to the end of the Temple. The mentioned ships are crossed by ten vaults of which the one of the Main Chapel has quadruple ribbing, as well as central ballasts that ride on four magnificent columns or pilasters, in two of which, those more near the presbytery, were supported in artistic pulpits that were retired in the restoration of 1962 -64.
The other two columns support the lateral bodies of the Chorus built in the year 1676. This is supported by a triple body of semicircular arches, probably of neoclassical style. The other six vaults - side naves - are barrel without ribs but with artistic moldings.
The general outline of the interior windows is of the arches of half a point-four windows- Three portholes, one above the Holy Christ of Consuelo giving light to the first nave of the Temple and Presbytery, another provides light to the third nave and the third is in a wall above the choir. All of them are decorated with artistic stained glass, highlighting that of the Choir.
There eight columns, or more exactly pilasters (square and attached to a wall) and are considered among the most beautiful and artistic parts of the Church because they have an extraordinary richness of all kinds of architectural elements. These pilasters support all the slender arches of the roof, the same as the small ones that go in the longitudinal direction, than in the large ones that go in a transversal direction. They hold the entire rib of the vault and the entire weight of the Roof.
THE ANTESACRISTÍA (formerly called sacristy)
(from a review of D. Jesus Saenz Ruiz assiduous contributor to the magazine Echoes Parroquiales del Libreto Retazos History of the Parish of 1992). It is the foundation of the Brick Tower (Mudejar style) that was built in the middle of s. XVII. It was built during the first phase of construction of the Temple. It cost a real 3.800. The ante-sacristy differs totally from the rest of the style of the Church, is the so-called florid-or perhaps flamboyant Gothic period- and otherwise has smooth and unadorned walls and a window several times refurbished. It is possible that the Antesacristía is the survival of an old hermitage or chapel-according to the archives-that was located in the land on which our parish church is now located. In this artistic room there is a lavatory in black stone built by a stonemason named Joseph Aguirre in the year 1733. Cost 163 real.
It is completely different from the style of the rest of the temple. It was built in 1704. You can admire in it an artistic Cajonería de Ornamentos of Spanish Renaissance style and that was carved by Marcos Escudero, fustero in the year 1706 and the locksmith was the work of the blacksmith Santiago Ramírez.
Among other works that the Sacristy possesses, a marvelous and artistic bas-relief of the seventeenth century stands at the foot of an ancient and sublime Crucifix, representing the Blessed Virgin with her divine dead Son, Saint John and the Magdalene (now decapitated) . In addition to the Cajonería this room has beautiful cabinets to store the ornaments, sacred vessels and other utensils needed in religious ceremonies.
(retired in 1962) They were Baroque style, they had two magnificent bodyguards that were finished in two little angels. The body of the pulpits were rather of the later or transitional renaissance and were adorned with beautiful works of ironwork.